At one point it was anticipated that the membership of this organization may reduce in the coming years, but instead, it increases to 1,002 from 982 last 2016. This is because of the SIMAG Welding Training Center in which hundreds of out-of-school youth are waiting for the scholarship. Unfortunately, only 71 were able to trained this year.
More out-of-school youth registered with the organization hoping for the opportunities to participate to the skills training program.
The SIMAG Garment Factory which is operated by the ASOSYI was chosen by the Ayabe Nitto Co. Ltd from Tokyo, Japan as a partner for their Technical Internship Program. They met with our SIMAG President twice discussing their plans. As for the initial number of intern, they will get five (5) sewers and one (1) machine operator. They are expecting that this will materialize next year.
The other communal projects of ASOSYI continued and closely monitored by their officers.
To provide opportunities to the out-of-school youth for them to help themselves, uplift their social and economic status through scholarship, skills training, livelihood assistance and services.
A model organization for the youth, working to encourage and support its members, practice positive values and become vital and productive citizens of vibrant and progressive communities.
- To foster unity, understanding and smooth interpersonal relationship among and between members of the OSY coalition, hereby enabling each members to work for the common good.
- To coordinate and/or sponsor training and seminars to improve the capacity of the members in making decisions affecting their reproductive health, gender and welfare.
- To encourage and involve its members in their social transformation, growth and development.
- To improve the knowledge, skills and attitudes of the officers and members in managing the activities of the organization, and in implementing and running the organization, livelihood and providential projects for the benefit of the members.
- To have a collective voice in fund-generation particularly in the access to local resources and of government funds and projects.
TOGETHER WE LEARN, WE WORK, AND WE SERVE…